Friday, June 19, 2009

Art 110.P01 (Which stands for Basic Photography)


I decided I wanted to take a basic Photography class while I was attending school. It has been a quick CRASH COURSE~!!! (16 -wk class crammed into 6 weeks!) BUT, I have learned lots and I love it. This week we had to bring in a "Personal Profile" picture. Here is mine; I MAY change it to get a better shot - just because I can for the Final assignment. That was our mid-term picture assignment. This coming week (our last week of class, already!) I have to take a picture that says "Coffee" to me. Why? Because, when our Professor saw that we were "getting it" from the class, he went to a funky coffee house in Clare, Michigan and asked if he could display his student's photography for a month. Their Motto is: "We brew Art and Coffee". Therefore, we have to have our self-portrait with a paragraph about who we are, mounted on foam board (just a 4x6 photo) and next to it, will be our Matted and Framed 8x12 Coffee picture~!!! I'm really psyched about this assignment. However, I do wish so badly that I had one of Dad's cool coffee mugs AND one or two or three of his old Stainless Steel thermoses. My dad drank a LOT of coffee and HOT~! That is why my picture will have steam rising from the cup of coffee - for sure. People always said his throat must have been calloused because he drank it so hot for years!

Now, the part the really got me was when the Professor told us the Motto of the shop... "We brew ART and coffee"~! NO PUN INTENDED!!!!

1 comment:

tacomom said...

cool photo! i am wondering what it would look like on an angle with the keyboard falling at the top left and bottom right just for a little personality?? was this digital or film?